07 March 2012

In the Aftermath

This short Blog Update will not do the topic justice and for that I apologize. We are so busy with all the damaged property we manage. Due to the subject I feel I really should write volumes, but time is short so I will be also.

I want to thank and compliment the City staff for the fantastic job they are doing in this aftermath. We asked Thursday for a building permit for removal and replacement of significant parts of one of the buildings we manage. No structural damage was found but entire window systems, many square feet of ceiling systems, roof damage and much more. Monday the permit was issued. No I am not joking. Monday the permit was issued. Clean up was allowed even before the permit paperwork was created.

I was on property approximately 25 minutes after the storm hit and I can't begin to tell you how amazing the fire department and police department were to work with and how dedicated they are. Search for endangered victims came first, but as soon as that was handled, security and safety inspections began and I mean they were "on the spot"! More than one phone call from police to help us insure that looters were not scavenging and making a bad ordeal much worse. Communications have been coming out of City Hall with regularity. The Finance department and Building department working long hard extra hours to make things move smoothly. The water department was on site offering to shut everything off before we even thought about the potential problems that could cause.

Thanks to the staff at the city.

When all gets back to normal, I will return to my typical rant.

Perhaps a bit more tolerant for a while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its always great to see a community rally around a common cause. I hope we see that continue after the area gets back to normal.

Zummi@commercial space for rent philippines said...

I appreciated your post and hope things will fall in its proper places. Thanks for sharing.

sapna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.